Since the onset of the pandemic there has been a sharp nationwide decline in children accessing healthcare. We, as well as pediatricians across the nation, are concerned. This drop in visits means children are missing important physical and developmental screenings, vaccines, laboratory exams, acute, chronic and behavioral care needed to assure their optimal health.
We are pleased to announce that, effective Monday, May 18, 2020, we will begin seeing patients for all visit types at both of our office locations. This would be a great time to schedule your child's well care visit, immunizations, and get ready to go back to school. ALL VISITS ARE BY APPOINTMENT as our walk-in hour remains discontinued at this time. Appointments start at 8 a.m.
We understand you may be worried about bringing your child to a visit during the pandemic. We want you to know that your family's safety is our priority and we have changed our procedures as follows:
- All providers and clinical staff must wear a mask at every patient encounter.
- Kindly request, per CDC recommendations, that our patients age two and older as well as any accompanying parents, caregivers, or siblings wear a face covering or mask.
- Meticulous cleaning of exam rooms and equipment between patients, as well as high-touch areas
- Practice social distancing in our waiting rooms.
- Separate entrance and exam rooms for well and sick patients.
- Waiting room designated for well patients.
- Direct car-to-room for sick patients.
- Encouraging online check-in via our patient portal.
- Screening staff for illness, including temperature checks at the start of every shift. No staff member may work if ill.
We encourage all families who have not registered for our portal, to text the word 'PORTAL' to 321-559-2879. Our staff will be in contact with you to send an invite and provide registration instructions during normal business hours. Use of the portal will allow for virtual check-in, including forms completion, submission of insurance information, and online payment. This will reduce your family's time in our waiting room and minimize the use of clipboards and pens.
For comprehensive information, please review our office procedures page.
We look forward to seeing your family in our offices. We are here for you!
Your Interlachen Pediatrics Team