The following information is a basic guideline of the services we offer.
Services & Policies
As a pediatric medical home, Interlachen Pediatrics strives to provide the best care for your child.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
What does it mean for your child as our patient; what we as your care team will do for your child; and what we expect you to do for your child's health?
A patient-centered medical home means that you and your child will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals; working together with you to optimize your child's health goals using the best evidence-based medicine, education and resources available for your family today, thus helping empower you to take responsibility for your child's health and give you the self-manage,ent support you need to succeed.
As your child's primary care provider, we will:
- Learn about your child, your family, life situation, health goals and preferences. Our team will recall your health history every time you seek care and will suggest treatments that make sense for your family.
- Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease and your child's all around well-being.
- Keep your child up-to-date on all vaccines and preventative screening tests.
- Connect your child with other members of their care teams (specialists, health coaches, etc.) and coordinate care with them as your child's health needs change.
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly so that all conditions and options are well-understood.
- Listen to your questions and feeling. We will respond promptly to you, and your calls, in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decision for your child's care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your child's condition and stay healthy.
We trust you as our patient to:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your child's care.
- When you join our practice you will provide us with a complete medical history and inform us if you obtained interim care outside of the practice.
- Come to each visit with updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using and any questions you may have.
- Understand your child's health condition and what you can do to keep him or her as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your child's health. If you have obstacles in fulfilling this plan, please discuss them fully with our staff.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Take advantage of our weekend hours and weekday same-day appointment options to avoid unnecessary ER and urgent care visits that may be more expensive and may fragment care.
- Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day.
- Agree that all health care providers in our healthcare team can share and collaborate on information related to your child's healthcare.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for your child.
Fast Track Walk-In Hour
We provide walk-in services to our patients as a convenience to aid busy parents. Our fast track walk-in hour is for acute illness only and is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. in both offices. Patients are seen on a first come, first served basis and by the first available provider. If your child is under 2 months of age we request you not bring them in during the walk-in hour but instead call for an expedited appointment.
Quickly Get In And Back Out
Our walk-in services are designed for acute illnesses and needs of a lower complexity. In order to give your child the appropriate time and attention, we ask you make an appointment with the child’s primary care physician for the following visits:
- ADHD, ADHD Medication checks and behavioral concerns
- Chronic medical complaints lasting more than two weeks
- Transplant, malignancy or other complex medical conditions
- Physical exams
Well And Sick Child Appointments
Well Child Appointments
Well-child office visits are scheduled by appointment. We encourage you to schedule your routine check-up appointments and follow-up appointments, as far in advance as possible. This will enable you to choose the physician, appointment time and office location that best suits your needs. We request that you notify us as soon as possible if you must cancel an appointment. There is a fee for non-cancellation of well-child appointments.
Prior to leaving the hospital with your newborn, we recommend you schedule your first office visit. In the case of early discharge of a newborn less than 48 hours of age, it will be necessary for the infant to be examined the following day. First visits generally are scheduled 24-48 hours after discharge. The pediatrician who cares for your child in the hospital will tell you if you need to follow-up sooner because of any concerns.
We routinely follow the guidelines set by the American Academy of Pediatrics in regard to well-child care and preventative health care. It is recommended that infants be seen as follows for physical examinations: two weeks, two months, four months, six months, nine months, 12 months, 15 months, and 18 months. After the infant immunizations are completed at 18 months, it is recommended that the child be seen on their second birthday and yearly thereafter. It is recommended that you schedule your next well-child visit when you are leaving the office from the previous well-child visit.
Click here to request an appointment electronically.
Sick Child Appointments
It is our office policy to see all sick children in a timely fashion. On most occasions, you will be able to schedule an appointment with your preferred physician. If your preferred physician is unavailable, you will then be offered the first available appointment with another practitioner. Due to the fact that the amount of illness in the community not only varies by seasons, but other factors as well, we alter our schedule on a monthly basis to accommodate this need. We encourage you to call the office as early as possible if you anticipate your child needs to be seen that day. We also offer walk-in services for minor acute illness. Additionally, we are available Saturday mornings for sick visits by appointment only.
When medical attention for emergencies is required after hours or on a holiday, our physicians are on-call and can frequently expedite your child's care. It is important in these situations that you have educated yourself regarding the particular requirements of your child's health insurance plan. The information we need to know that will expedite your child's care includes which emergency rooms, hospitals, pharmacies and laboratory facilities are covered under your insurance plan.
Interlachen Pediatrics strongly supports the benefits of breastfeeding, however, we also recognize that every situation is different. Therefore, in order to assist our patients and their mothers to have an enjoyable and productive nursing experience, we recommend you take advantage of the opportunity to work with a lactation consultant while still in the hospital with your infant. We can also refer you to lactation consultant resources in the community. Home visits are available.
What Is A Lactation Consultation?
A lactation consultation is a visit with a professional lactation consultant to address issues or concerns related to breastfeeding. These issues or concerns could be related to latching difficulties, low milk production or painful nursing. The lactation consultant will spend time educating the mother to understand the fundamentals of lactation as well as address concerns and offer support to encourage an enjoyable nursing experience for both mother and baby.
Why Should I Consider Scheduling A Lactation Consultation?
The following is a list of some issues or concerns you may have related to breastfeeding and would be addressed during a lactation consultation:
- Experiencing difficulties with latch on or positioning
- Baby experiencing low output of wet diapers and stools
- Baby always falls asleep at breast, and cannot drink for a continuous period of 10-15 minutes
- Baby is unsettled and cries excessively following breastfeeding
- Feeding your baby takes more than 1 hour
- Mother has a history of breast surgery
- Baby was born premature
- Baby with jaundice
- Baby with a history of anomaly
- You are concerned about breastfeeding, have questions or need support
Preparing For Your Visit
Before scheduling a consultation, keep in mind there is usually a fee for this service. Consultants are not employees of Interlachen Pediatrics. Interlachen Pediatrics will not submit charges to your insurance for this service. You may submit charges to your health insurance company for reimbursement but coverage varies therefore we encourage you to contact your carrier before scheduling your consultation. Once you have scheduled your consultation here are some things to keep in mind:
- The baby should be hungry (don't breastfeed for 2 hours before the visit)
- Have available any breastfeeding aids or supplies (pumps, nipple shields, etc.)
- Have ready a list of questions and a feeding diary
- Include a support person, if you desire (dad, grandparent, etc.)
Missed And Cancelled Appointments
Interlachen Pediatrics values the time of every family we provide care to. From time to time cancellations are inevitable. As a courtesy we ask that you notify our office as soon as possible, but no later than 2 p.m. the day prior to the date of the scheduled appointment (or by 2 p.m. on Friday for a Monday appointment). If you are unable to notify us, or notify us after 2 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled appointment, Interlachen Pediatrics will assess a $25.00 fee for the missed appointment/late cancellation. This fee is not covered by insurance and will not be billed. It must be paid prior to the next office visit.
Interlachen Pediatrics Lab Services
Each office of Interlachen Pediatrics has a laboratory that is able to perform many basic laboratory functions. However, some of the labs necessary in evaluating conditions in children require the use of outside laboratory facilities. Which facility you will need to choose will often depend on your insurance, so you should always contact your insurance company in order to know the preferred laboratory services. We have included information below to help you in locating some of the more commonly used lab facilities. If you have further questions, our office is available to help you.
Choose one of the facilities below to find a location near you:
Interlachen Pediatrics strives to provide excellent care while attempting to keep healthcare costs as low as possible. The following information is provided to help you understand your responsibilities as well as the policies and procedures of Interlachen Pediatrics.
Interlachen Pediatrics is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your child's protected health information (PHI). In conducting our business we will create records regarding your child and the treatment and services we provide to your child. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of health information that identifies your child. We are also required by law to provide you with the following notice of our legal duties and the privacy practices that we maintain in our practice concerning your child's PHI. By federal and state law, we must follow the terms of the notice of privacy practices that we have in effect at that time.
Interlachen Pediatrics complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation. Interlachen Pediatrics does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (i.e. large print, audio, accessible electronic formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Scheduling Department at 407-767-2477 option 2.
If you believe that Interlachen Pediatrics has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
846 Lake Howell Road, Maitland, FL 32751
E-Mail: [email protected]
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Administrator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 407-767-2477 opción numero 2.
ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 407-767-2477 nimewo opsyon 2.
ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l'italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il 407-767-2477 numero di opzione 2.
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 407-767-2477 số tùy chọn 2.
ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 407-767-2477 optionsnummer 2.
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue 407-767-2477 número da opção 2.
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 407-767-2477옵션 번호 2 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 407-767-2477 选项号 2.
UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 407-767-2477 opcja numer 2.
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 407-767-2477 numéro d'option 2.
સુચના: જો તમે ગુજરાતી બોલતા હો, તો નિ:શુલ્ક ભાષા સહાય સેવાઓ તમારા માટે ઉપલબ્ધ છે. ફોન કરો 407-767-2477 વિકલ્પ નંબર 2.
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 407-767-2477 number opsyon 2.
เรียน: ถ้าคุณพูดภาษาไทยคุณสามารถใช้บริการช่วยเหลือทางภาษาได้ฟรี โทร 407-767-2477 ตัวเลือกหมายเลข 2.
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 407-767-2477 номер опции 2.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as: