Interlachen Pediatrics strongly supports the use of vaccines to prevent many of the most devastating pediatric illnesses. We believe this to be consistent with our mission and our core values of excellence (as repeated studies have shown vaccines to be safe and remarkably effective, perhaps the greatest medical advancement of the last century) and compassion (treating your children as if they were our very own).
Staff Picked Articles
- Vaccinate Your Baby
- Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Immune System?
- Bad Information Can Be Deadly
- Facts About Autism
- Institute of Medicine Report Rejects Autism-Vaccine Link
- Is There a Link Between Autism and the MMR Vaccine?
- The New McCarthyism: Vaccines & Autism
Links to More Information
- A Parent's Guide to Childhood Immunizations
- Vaccine Information for the Public and Health Professionals is a great site with information on specific diseases as well as concerns.
- Vaccine Information from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- How Vaccines Prevent Diseases
Vaccine Information Statements
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis
- Hib (Haemophilus Influenza Type B)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV9)
- Influenza, Inactivated (the flu shot)
- Influenza, Live Intranasal (the nasal spray)
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Meningococcal Conjugate
- Meningococcal B
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (Prevnar)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap)
- Tetanus and Diphtheria (Td)
Interlachen Pediatrics participates in Florida SHOTS (State Health Online Tracking System), which is a secure, confidential Web-based system that helps us safeguard shot records statewide.
We use Florida SHOTS to:
- Ensure immunizations are up-to-date
- Prevent unnecessary duplicate immunizations
- Combine shot records from multiple health-care providers
- Make shot records accessible to schools and daycares and readily available to parents
For more information please visit the Florida SHOTS website for parents.
Interlachen’s Vaccine Policy
Interlachen Pediatrics is committed to recommending only those treatments and therapies that have been supported by research and sound scientific reasoning. Therefore, our office strongly recommends that your children receive the routine schedule of childhood vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This schedule of vaccines has been devised by the world’s foremost authorities in infectious disease prevention. It is the culmination of decades of international research and scientific discovery. The individuals involved have dedicated their lives to the study of vaccines, and their efforts are responsible for saving countless millions of lives worldwide. Their recommendations are further scrutinized by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the highly regarded Institutes of Medicine and countless other scientific organizations. Needless to say these public policy decisions regarding our collective children’s health is not taken lightly.
Over the last several years there has been media speculation that Autism is caused by the administration of vaccines. There is now a huge body of international scientific research disputing the claim that MMR or other vaccines cause Autism. The same is true regarding the preservative Thimerosal.
The Medical community has made giant strides in the fight against diseases that have killed millions. Smallpox, meningitis, polio and diphtheria are terms that parents do not have to hear used to describe their children anymore, at least in the United States. Our duty as physicians and nurses compel us to educate our patients to not let down their guard against these diseases.
Despite this research, it has been difficult to convince the public of these facts because of the emotional issues propagated by disreputable websites and celebrities.
Therefore, our physicians and nurses recommend and will follow the schedule of childhood vaccines published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will not split MMR vaccine into separate components. We will not follow alternative schedules published on the Internet that are based on anecdote and hysteria. Our Physicians are the best trained to advise you on vaccine preventable disease for your child and the appropriate time for their administration.